Major thanks to Julian at Tempo Cycles for loaning me the 1/8in Nature Boy rig. My personal bike was having all sorts of problems with the chain line in Saturday's races. I only dropped my chain once during the single speed event and came back swinging with a podium finish after chasing down the field that wizzed past as I was fixing my rig... Later that day, the mens Cat B event had me dropping my chain twice and trotting across the line frustrated for 13th place.
Sunday's State Championship was on and from the gun the number one man attacked hard and staying away. Tall skinny Pete is a natural VO2 machine, winning 3 out of 4 races that weekend. I gave my chase in the first lap, dropping the field but was not match for strong, skinny Pete. With two laps to go the field started to bring me back in and I gave every once of leg power to churn 60 rpms thru the grass pulling a nice 30 second gap back into the chasing field. Across the line with two fingers in the air.... 2nd place in the state single speed cross race. First race back after a level III ac joint separation at the FLA State Road Race on Oct 31st. I was more than pleased to finish up the racing year with two more podiums! YEAH.
No comments:
Post a Comment